Garage Organization Tips
Tips for garage organization:
If youre ready to get started but you just dont know where to begin, this guide. has some good ideas to help you. Another way is to take a day and do a full overhaul! Get everything out of your garage and on to your driveway. Then hose out your garage, let it dry, and slowly put everything back. Youll be amazed at how much better it looks when youre finished.
- Get rid of as much as you can! Sell it, donate it, or trash it. The less you have to deal with, the quicker youll be done.
- Keep the floor swept! Its like keeping your carpet vacuumed. Most likely, if you keep your garage floor clean, it will keep you motivated to work on the rest of the garage. Click here to take a look at some different ways to treat your garage floor.
- Keep your workbench clear and clean! This can be compared to making the bed. If you take a few moments each day to do it, then it tends to automatically help you manage the rest of the room.
- Get as much stuff as you can off the floor. Understand that in your garage, floor space is premium. Its the Boardwalk and Park Place of your garage. Use the walls, ceiling, and attic space to store things so you can park your car on the floor. Have a look at some ways you can easily and quickly organize the lawn care tools in your garage.
- Check garage sales for storage containers, clear plastic boxes, tackle boxes, etc. This is a great way to save money on storage supplies. Also look for wood you can use for shelving, and old cabinets you can attach to your walls.
- Dont sweat the small stuff! When organizing and storing smaller items, dont be too concerned with detail. You can lump nuts, screws, bolts, and nails in the same bin. It only takes a minute to dig through one container to find what you need, but it can take hours to sort everything out individually and put it all away.
Hopefully, these garage organization tips will help you with your garage. If you have any tips of your own that you'd like to suggest, please send them in and they'll be included on this page. Plus, you'll be helping this site become THE best garage utilization resource on the net!